This 1948 slide is of the Hickory Hut. It stood between what is now
Serrick Hall and Tenzer. It was one of several government surplus
buildings moved to campus after World War II. The Hickory Hut had a
snack bar, a dance floor, and game equipment. At various times it was
also an art gallery and health center. It was removed in the late
1960s after Enders Student Union was added to and could accommodate
some of the Hut’s functions.
From Barb Sedlock, Library Archivist