Meet Angela Sosebee

By: Jessica Reynolds

I would like to introduce you to Angela Sosebee. She is the Director of Marketing and Public Relations. She has been at Defiance College for two years in April. Her favorite part about working at Defiance College is “being able to work with students, faculty, and staff from all over the country, helping them tell the story of how Defiance College has impacted them.” Angela has worked in higher education and nonprofit leadership for over ten years. She used to live in North Carolina, and when she moved to the area, she knew she wanted to work at Defiance College.

Angela was born in Snellville, Georgia, but she spent most of her childhood not far from Defiance in Napoleon, Ohio. She earned her Bachelor of Business Administration and her MBA from Tiffin University. 

Angela was then asked some more personal questions. Between breakfast, lunch, and dinner, her favorite is a late lunch, around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. She uses Messages the most on her phone because she thinks she texts a lot. When asked the question on who made the most impact on her growing up, she responded, “My parents had the biggest impact on me growing up. They were always supportive and taught me to follow my own interests in life. When I lost my dad to cancer during my senior year of college, it was the memory of his passion for education and my mom’s continual support and encouragement that helped me finish my degree and go on to grad school.” The last question that she was asked was about life advice she would give to the younger generation. She answered, “Find out who you are, not who people want or expect you to be. It’s a long journey, but doing the latter will make the self-discovery process even longer.”

Angela can be located in Sherrick 228A.