Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

Director: Peyton Reed

Where to watch: A movie theater

By: Mallory Timbrook

First things first, if you’re not a fan of Paul Rudd, you need to leave. You can come back once you’ve come to your senses. Second thing second, don’t read anything Rotten Tomatoes has to say. Someone (unfortunately, not me) needs to go throw some rotten tomatoes at their reviewers. Now, back to business. OMG, I LOVED THIS MOVIE SO MUCH. LIKE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry, I couldn’t contain my excitement. I really did love this movie, though. From the first second, I was hooked. I love Paul Rudd, and I love the life he brings to Ant-Man. I love the chemistry he has with all the other characters. Speaking of other characters, I support the recasting of Cassie Lang. I’m sure the actress from Endgame could’ve been great, but Kathryn Newton is an excellent replacement. I loved their father/daughter’s relationship, and their bond was such a HUGE part of the film. (That was a joke. Please laugh. Please.)

The most bad-booty star of the film, however, was Michael Douglas’s Hank Pym. He was so freaking amazing that I can’t even put it into words. The best part of the film is when he appears at the end. If you know, you know. I know we all met Jonathon Major’s character Kang the Conqueror, during Loki, so we knew what to expect, but he was phenomenal. I am so glad he
is the MCUs next big bad. I think he is going to do great things with all of his variants.

As with all other Marvel movies, make sure you stay until THE VERY END OF THE CREDITS. You will not be disappointed; I wasn’t. I jumped out of my seat and squealed like a 3-year-old toddler. My dates (still my younger brother and sister) were embarrassed to be near me during it. It was not a pretty sight. All in all, I loved this movie. I give it a 7/10; go watch it. Now.